Monday, October 19, 2009

Rhinebeck

This past weekend was the New York Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY. I went up with my friend and her daughter, and we had a great time. So much beautiful yarn to pet! I came home with an autographed book and five skeins of lovely yarn. Two skeins will go to make a hat to match my new ski jacket, two skeins of lovely alpaca will go to make a shawl, and one skein will be set aside to make the Knotty Gloves featured on Ravelry. The only downside to this is that I bought all this yarn to make projects for me when I really need to be working on Christmas gifts right now. Only two months left, and knitting isn't the fastest craft in the world.

At the show there were sheep, angora rabbits, alpacas, llamas, and more. My friend's little girl got a real kick out of petting all the animals. There were kid's activities too, which she really enjoyed. It rained a bit and was rather chilly, but we dressed for the weather and didn't have a real problem with it. I can't wait to go again next year! I would recommend the show to anyone who lives within driving distance of it. There are Ravelry meetups and a party on Saturday night, too! What more could you ask for?

No comments: