Friday, April 11, 2008

Hats!

Lately I've been on a hat kick. Plain hats, hats with stripes, hats with cables, hats with pigtails. But last weekend I learned how to do Fair Isle, so my most recent hats have had colorwork on them. I've progressed from a simple checkerboard:
















To an easy vine and stripe:















To a traditional Norwegian star pattern:
This last hat is an original design, the star pattern a combination of one I found in a book and one I found on the net, and the knitting pattern itself just sort of evolved as I knit. When I have it perfected, (and when I figure out how to post charts) I shall post it here.

Currently I am working on my second Norwegian star hat in an effort to perfect it. Other Works In Progress include Lacy Skirt with Bows from the book Greetings From Knit Cafe by Susan Mischer, a feather and fan afghan, and a double knit scarf with a star pattern. I will be posting pictures of them in completed form in due time. Stay tuned for Finished Objects and original patterns!

No comments: