Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lesson Learned

Today I was a vendor at a flea market. I set up a table to sell some of my knitted items, and also some beaded earrings and macrame necklaces and bracelets. Very little sold. I didn't even earn $100. Boo. If complements paid my bills, I'd be set for life, but I very quickly learned that people don't troll flea markets looking for handmade items. They want cheap, cheap, cheap. And what I make is not. So, as disappointing as it is to have sold so little, I do have more than I went in with, and I learned my lesson. I'll look for craft fairs.

Also, I opened an Etsy store today. Be sure to check it out! There are only a couple items right now, but if there seems to be interest, I'll be listing more things as time goes on. My vendor name is StevieLynn.

In non-knitting news, I just returned from a three day, 25 mile backpacking trip on the Appalachian trail. I met some interesting people, including a few through hikers who were quite amused to see me sitting in the shelter at night with my knitting, working by headlamp. (Ok, so it's not quite non-knitting related.) Was a good trip, but it did take away from my knitting time. Oh well. It was fun, any way you slice it, and my knitting did make an appearance.

Tune in next time for another original pattern.....

No comments: